Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: Onyx

Onyx - Jennifer Armentrout
Genre - Young Adult Paranormal
Released - August 2012


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Onyx is the sequel to Jennifer's bestselling novel, Obsidian, and I absolutely loved it! Jennifer has this way of making you really root for her characters and become invested in what's happening to them. Also, there is this amazing character in the book called Daemon Black--sexy, arrogant, brooding and sexy--who you need to acquaint yourself with immediately. Jennifer has this way of writing swoon-worthy male characters that stay with you and Daemon is definitely is someone you don't forget.

Moving on, we see Katy really evolve in this book. Sure, she has her moments where she makes stupid decisions, but she really does stand up for herself and doesn't let anyone boss her around. The secondary characters really took a backseat to the Katy and Daemon romance. I really wanted to see more of Dee. Katy spent the majority of the book avoiding her which was the reason Dee was barely in it. Still, I would've loved to see more of her!

The plot was fast-paced, full of action and had an amazing cliffhanger. I was so hurt/upset/shocked by the end of it and that cliffhanger just killed me. I really, really want to know what happens next. I cannot wait for the next book in this amazing series! Be sure to pick this one up!

2 comments:

  1. Way to "go out" with a bang. :) I heart Daemon Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go out in style so, of course, I had to pick Daemon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! You're awesomesauce!