Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Goals for 2012!

Okay, so I realise I was a bit slow to put up this post and, honestly, I wasn't going to. Then I got thinking (there's trouble right there) and it occurred to me that I should put up a post about what I would like to achieve or work towards achieving in 2012.

2012 is the year that I want to make things happen. I want to be very focused this year. I want to learn to be a better person. I want to enjoy myself more. I want to travel somewhere I haven't been before. I want to reconnect with old friends.

Writing
  • Have a polished manuscript of Runaway Mortal (May/June)
  • Begin first draft of Broken Angel RM#2 (Feb/March)
  • Send out queries for Runaway Mortal (June/July)
  • Outline Cursed Demon RM#3 (August)
  • Finish first draft of Last Summer (Sep/Oct)
  • Begin first draft of Siren Song (Nov/Dec)
Reading, Authors & Blogging
  • Read 100 books this year
  • Support more self-published authors
  • Re-design blog - new title, banner
  • Post book reviews twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Sunday do a writing related post.
  • Host more giveaways
Life in General
  • Travel to a place I haven't been before
  • Do something regularly that I haven't done before - yoga, martial arts, indoor rock climbing
  • Catch up with old friends
  • Do the Harbour Bridge climb

Those are my goals for the year. What about you guys?

10 comments:

  1. Holy Goals lady! So basically you are locking yourself away with your laptop? - can we say I'm jealous? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I mention that another one of my goals is to become a hermit? Haha.

      Delete
  2. Dang. I see so many people resolving to read 100 books, and I SHOULD, but it's already the 15th of January and I haven't finished my 1st! Horrendous. Also! I love the "do something regularly that I haven't done before"... Yoga is also lurking in the back of my mind, but I have to make peace with the idea of public humiliation. Ai Ya, maybe maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I didn't read as much as I normally would and I've always been curious to see how much I actually do read.

      Public humiliation...? This could be a disaster waiting to happen for me. Although, I love the idea of yoga. Good for the body mind - count me in! There is NO way I am doing this on my own though!

      Delete
  3. Awesome goals! I wish you good luck on reading 100 books. I tried for two years and failed every time, lol My goals include more writing, getting healthy, and loving life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great goals, Amber! Getting healthy is an important goal I forgot to list. With health problems, I kinda need to make sure a better diet and exercise are daily goals for me.

      Delete
  4. Great list of goals! Good luck with everything this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ghenet. Good luck with your pitch!

      Delete
  5. i love that you listed life goals - and that you are keen to try new things. i love breaking out of my comfort zone and seeing what's out there, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. It's important to try new things especially as a writer. The more we see of the world, the more we have to write about. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! You're awesomesauce!