Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who is your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend?

Don't deny it. We all have a fictional boyfriend or girlfriend that we want to get with. One who we daydream about and swoon (and sometimes drool) over. Now is the time to mark your territory and make your intentions clear. Spill, everyone, I'll go first!

(In no particular order)

1. Frederick Wentworth - Persuasion by Jane Austen
Oh, you want me back? Even though I led you on, broke your heart and condemned myself to a life as a spinster? Are you sure you want me back? Even if you hadn't written me that letter, I still would have taken you back! Now, kiss me in a gentleman-like manner and restore my good name.

2. Heathcliff - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Orphan. Check. Obsessive. Check. Vengeful. Check. Ladies, we now have a lover who would go to any lengths to have us and, for as long as he lives, will never get over us. I think he deserves a little credit for that. Even if he is a little cuckoo.

3. Vronsky - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Passionate and handsome, Vronksy is one usually overlooked. Maybe because he represents infidelity and the breakdown of a marriage. I say, these things happen and are not that unusual in our society, although I, and many others, would never do anything like that. Yet, he's on my list. Why? The passion he feels for Anna is undeniable and if she can be swayed by him, so can I (only fictitiousy, of course)

4. Mr Darcy - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Two Austen men made it onto my list. She has a knack for writing great men, doesn't she? Let's see. He saved the reputation of my family and there is clearly something building between us. The banter back and forth, the hot and cold relationship, and we have a winner! Where are the Mr Darcy's of the 21st century?

5. Dimitri Belikov - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
My hot, older mentor who I can't have an open relationship with? Sounds like the perfect set-up for a forbidden one. He's mature, has a career, can protect me, listens and, did I mention, he's hot? Dimitri, can we please have private lessons together? I promise to wipe the drool off my face.

6. Daemon Black - Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
He is the newest addition to my list. He is also arrogant and um...*loses all train of thought thinking about him* Who's Daemon, you ask? Only my ridiculously gorgeous next-door-neighbour who insists on walking around without a shirt on. *shrugs* Heck, I'm not complaining. Now, this is a home with a view.

Honourable Mentions:
  • Adrian Ivashkov - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  • Roman - Succubus series by Richelle Mead
  • Dorian - Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead (Like Austen, Richelle Mead has a knack for writing irresistible men.)
I'm sure I've forgotten plenty of others but this is where you guys come in. Share your fictional boyfriends/girlfriends in the comments! (Let's keep this to novels only.)

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that I am not the only one with fictional boyfriends! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My list changes every so often, like with the discovery of Daemon Black. And Edward Cullen used to be on that list once upon a time when I was 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dimitiri - VA
    Ren - Tiger's Curse
    Patch - Hush, Hush
    Four - DIvergent!

    Too many honorable mentions to mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read Hush, Hush! And I totally have a crush on Ren. :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh. I agree with Michelle, Four from Divergent is my kind of fictional guy. I don't normally go in for them, often I think it's not fair to even think of taking them from the story they belong in ;) buuut Four is special. He's a sharp edge, and I guess I like that. Heheehe.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four and I have a budding romance. I will have to find out more about him in 'Insurgent' to see if we can go steady.

      Delete
  5. Oh! I like this post. Mr. Darcy has to make my list, as does Cyrus The Persian, from the book by the same name by Sherman Nagel. Hmmm.... I don't know who else to list. There are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Cyrus The Persian. I will have to find out more as I am always adding to my harem.

      Delete
  6. ha! i see you are a gal with classic taste, komal. LOVE this post, how fun. i think my steady crush is lupin from harry potter. RANDOM much?

    i like all the four love in the comments, too, but agree. must read more of the trilogy. in the same vein, adam from shatter me is another tattooed, blue eyed crush worthy guy (but with a little less bite).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my men old...I mean old-fashioned!

      Oh, Lupin, that's a good one. I've never heard anyone pick him before! I like the bad guys of Harry Potter: Draco, Snape...Voldemort, um not so much.

      I own Shatter Me but have yet to read it.

      Delete
  7. Great list. And I thought I was the only one who swooned over Heathcliff and Mr.Darcy!
    By the way, how come you didn't include Rhett Butler? I think he's the crème de la crème!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ash, you are spot on about Rhett Butler. Considering I have a photo of him on my wall, I can't believe I forgot about him. I think I might have to do a Part Two of this post. There are many others I have overlooked.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! You're awesomesauce!