(In no particular order)
1. Frederick Wentworth - Persuasion by Jane Austen
Oh, you want me back? Even though I led you on, broke your heart and condemned myself to a life as a spinster? Are you sure you want me back? Even if you hadn't written me that letter, I still would have taken you back! Now, kiss me in a gentleman-like manner and restore my good name.
2. Heathcliff - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Orphan. Check. Obsessive. Check. Vengeful. Check. Ladies, we now have a lover who would go to any lengths to have us and, for as long as he lives, will never get over us. I think he deserves a little credit for that. Even if he is a little cuckoo.
3. Vronsky - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Passionate and handsome, Vronksy is one usually overlooked. Maybe because he represents infidelity and the breakdown of a marriage. I say, these things happen and are not that unusual in our society, although I, and many others, would never do anything like that. Yet, he's on my list. Why? The passion he feels for Anna is undeniable and if she can be swayed by him, so can I (only fictitiousy, of course)
4. Mr Darcy - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Two Austen men made it onto my list. She has a knack for writing great men, doesn't she? Let's see. He saved the reputation of my family and there is clearly something building between us. The banter back and forth, the hot and cold relationship, and we have a winner! Where are the Mr Darcy's of the 21st century?
5. Dimitri Belikov - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
My hot, older mentor who I can't have an open relationship with? Sounds like the perfect set-up for a forbidden one. He's mature, has a career, can protect me, listens and, did I mention, he's hot? Dimitri, can we please have private lessons together? I promise to wipe the drool off my face.
6. Daemon Black - Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
He is the newest addition to my list. He is also arrogant and um...*loses all train of thought thinking about him* Who's Daemon, you ask? Only my ridiculously gorgeous next-door-neighbour who insists on walking around without a shirt on. *shrugs* Heck, I'm not complaining. Now, this is a home with a view.
- Adrian Ivashkov - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Roman - Succubus series by Richelle Mead
- Dorian - Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead (Like Austen, Richelle Mead has a knack for writing irresistible men.)